Welcome to Kogi State Bureau of Public Procurement
The Public Procurement Act 2007 established the Bureau of Public Procurement as the regulatory authority responsible for the monitoring and oversight of public procurement, harmonizing the existing government policies and practices by regulating, setting standards and developing the legal framework and professional capacity for public procurement in Nigeria.
Vision To be a state Bureau that complies with the ethics of Public Procurement and is deemed by all to be efficient and reliable in its service delivery.
Mission To offer an unbiased and principled expert Procurement Services that is responsive to the needs of the state and guarantees Competition, Fitness for Purpose and Value for Money.
The objectives of establishing the Bureau of Public Procurement are ;
- The harmonization of existing government policies and practices on public procurement and ensure probity, accountability and transparency in the procurement process;
- The establishment of pricing standards and benchmarks;
- Ensuring the application of fair, competitive, transparent, value-for-money standards and practices for the procurement and disposal of public assets; and
- The attainment of transparency, competitiveness, cost effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system
- Economic Efficiency
- Competition – Providing level playing ground for all strata of bidders
- Value for money